Saturday, 8 June 2013

(not so) heureux demoiselle

Yesterday was pretty crummy for me.

I had my wallet stolen while I waited for a bus. I am so angry. Both at the thief for taking it, and also at myself for not being aware.

I'm so lucky to have the family I do. I rang my dad at work, crying my eyes out (My Dad always makes me feel safe, and of course, the second I heard his voice I was a wreck).. he immediately rang my brother, who drove over to collect me. My niece gave me a huge cuddle and told my eyes to stop dripping, which made me feel better.

I then also found out that my friend and I are supposedly bullying another mother at the school. I use the word supposedly, because neither of us are quite sure when we're supposed to have done this, as we never see this particular parent! We have spoken to the head teacher at the school, in the hope that this supposed "bullying" doesn't reach the childrens ears. We're both so bemused though.

But onto more positive stuff.

I've re-arranged my room, eaten lots of ramen, drunk my first root beer and my daughter gave me a new wallet.

Life is still good. Bad things happen, but they only become worse if you let them take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment