Saturday, 26 January 2013

January brings the snow, makes your feet and fingers glow

Now the month is almost over... Things have improved a little. Weightwatchers is going good. I do blush like mad when the fella who has captured my eye arrives. (Blonde, tall, a bit posh...)..I sign people in and give them their weighing in cards, which is helping a little with my general being shy issues.

I'm volunteering at a charity shop in town too. Paid employment is thin on the ground, especially for a single parent who can't rely on people to babysit (99% of my childcare is from MY grandparents, one set have a combined age of 149, and for the other's it's 163, they're too old to have an 8 year old under-foot for hours on end)... but I'm enjoying the charity shop work. I'm the gift aid champion (I sign people to gift aid etc), and I've done some window dressing and display organisation.

Unfortunately I've not been in this week as my daughter has been off ill the whole week with a flu virus. The first 2 days she slept about 22 hours out of 24, and it's only in the last day or so that she's gotten back to normal.  If nothing we've helped keep Calpol in business this week!

I'm thinking of doing a charity shop haul once a fortnight/month on this here blog, to get me more into the swing of posting regularly. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes I would love to see a charity shop 'haul' every month, what a fun thing to see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback :) I will definitely do this then. I'll do a post tomorrow of the things I got in the last couple of weeks, and then do it monthly at the end of the month. I'm quite excited. :)

      Delete