Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Being a good person?

I'm trying to be a better person. Be honest, open, loving. It's hard, and I admit I struggle.

I feel like I can be quite selfish. Sometimes I resent being asked favours, which I really shouldn't, considering how many favours I'll ask from other people. I can be way too quick to snap at Abbie. She's only 7. A very grown up 7, but still only 7 nonetheless. I can be greedy, and unwilling to share. I can be negative sometimes.

If you know me IRL and catch me doing these things please tell me, I want to stop these attitudes.

I've been truly blessed with an amazing family, brilliant friends, I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, Even when I think I have "nothing" I have a LOT more than a lot of people in the world. I should remember this. A lot of people should.

I don't even know where I'm going with this blog post.... Erk.

2 comments:

  1. You are a good person! *hugs* Everyone can be selfish sometimes, I think you have to be a little selfish in order to stay sane. I mean, you can't spend all your time doing things for other people to the detriment of your own needs! Sometimes you need a break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I need to work on the equilibrium of doing stuff for myself as well as others without letting one side or other bog me down.

      Delete