Wednesday, 19 September 2012

House Rules

Did you have house rules when you were young? Do have rules for your own household now? How do you deal with behaviours and attitudes you find unacceptable within the house?

I'm lucky, my daughter is generally a delight to be around, but as Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said -


(There was a little girl, who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And...)

... When she was good, she was very, very good
But when she was bad she was horrid.


I'm not expecting perfection from her, Until I am permanently perfect, I can't expect others to be, after all; however I'm just asking for a decent set of manners, and to be listened to somewhat.

I'm going to sit with Abbie this afternoon, and discuss house rules. I think it's important to involve her in the writing of the rules. If she feels that they're something she helped decide on, maybe she'll stick to them better?

No comments:

Post a Comment